What's new? (Home)
Search this site
Official Twp. Site
Index to Gov't Info
The early days
Surplus & Needs
About this site
People are saying..
Established June 2, 1997
by citizens for citizens
March 16, 1998
Website of the Week
Daily Local News
August 13, 1997
A beautiful part of southeastern Pennsylvania
Fans of the World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies
People Are Saying
Since we first came on line on June 2, 1997, we have received very complementary email from visitors as well as recognition from columnists in area newspapers. Here are some excerpts -
We welcome your comments, good or bad. Just click here to let us know how you feel about this site.
- Happy Birthday and Many More!!!
As we have discussed, you are doing a great job with this site. I am impressed with your work to create an "Electronic" link for our community. The look and feel of the website, the ease of navigation and the timeleness of the postings are all excellent. Communication is so important today. Your website can be a very positive force for informing Township residents of the assets and opportunities where they live. It can also aid in developing more of a sense of community where neighbors are thoughtful and concerned for each other and will help one another.
- (Email received from Bob Wert on the First Birthday of this web site.)
- "A nice homey website for a beautiful part of Southeastern Pennsylvania"
- The description accompanying the award given this site as "Pennsylvania Destination of the Day" on March 16, 1998.
- "I'm also very pleased to see the web site working like this. We all lead
very busy lives, and there doesn't seem to be time for neighbors anymore.
I'm fascinated with the possibility that technology could bring communities
back together again."
- (email from a resident, March 8, 1998)
- "I wanted to know if you planned on any advertzing to your Web site. I am a Realtor and might be interested in participating."
- (email from a realtor January 7, 1998. The answer was NO.)
- "Outstanding work!"
- (email from a resident, December 20, 1997)
- "Love your site. Makes me feel like I'm still a part of Charlestown."
- (email from a former resident, November 18, 1997)
- "Your site just keeps getting better and better."
- (email from a resident, August 25, 1997)
- "I think what you're doing for the township is terrific! Amazing that you can create a sense of community out of thin air!"
- (email from a resident, August 12, 1997)
- "If you live in Charlestown, or just plan to visit, this is the page for you."
- (Ronald Martin in the Daily Local News article in which he named this web site the "World Wide Web Pick of the Week" , Wednesday, August 13, 1997)
- "But the most interesting entry is from the historical society, which meets in a house with no plumbing and only rudimentary electricity."
- (John Corr in his The Scene column in the Philadelphia Inquirer, Sunday Aug 10, 1997)
- "If you think it's just another boring list of previously compiled information, think again."
- (Laura Catalano in a front page article in The Mercury, Thursday July 31, 1997)
Home Site Overview
Site development, maintenance and funding by Township resident Jacob D. Merriwether.
Hosting by PLH Worldgroup Communications, Inc.